Wednesday 20 October 2010

Getting my bridges in a twist

This is the view I awoke to on my first morning in San Francisco for this year's Bouchercon World Mystery Conference. The view is from the Regency Club in the Hyatt Regency Hotel where the conference was held. Being a Brit, my body clock was eight hours ahead of San Francisco, so I was up and about at 4 am (after a lie-in), killing time down by the harbourside and had returned to guzzle ample cups of coffee in the breakfast lounge. While there, I watched the sun come up, and at the last moment realised I had the camera on my phone to hand. It's a stunning view, and almost identical to the one from my room's balcony.
I made a slight tit of myself when I emailed friends and told them (in my excitement) it was the Golden Gate Harbour Bridge, when in fact this is the Bay Bridge. To be honest, on subsequently seeing the GGHB during a boat trip out to Alcatraz I wasn't as impressed. The Bay Bridge wins hands down for overall beauty.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What...? So YOU escaped from Alcatraz? Wow.

Crackin' photo, Matt. Looking forward to more on your Boucheron experience.

Author said...

More to come...