Tuesday 5 May 2009

Eight days to UK book launch

It's only eight days to the UK launch of my debut novel, Dead Men's Dust, and the nerves are starting to kick in big style. Less than a week later the book will also be on the stands in the USA.

The UK launch is taking place in front of friends and family at Waterstone's bookshop in Carlisle, the city where I grew up. I think that's about the most nerve racking thing of all. Friends and family aren't afraid to heckle!

The official UK launch takes place the next day in London, then I'm off to Crimefest. If anyone's going I look forward to seeing you there. I hope also that some of you have had the opportunity to read my book before then.

OK, request time: if you've read the book and enjoyed it, please put a review on Amazon.com for me. There are some wonderful reviewers out there (Pat, Gina, Harriet, JV etc) who have kindly spread the word by way of blogs and sites, but a few more good un's wouldn't do any harm.

Anyway, now that that is off my chest, I want to once again thank all those people who have joined me on my journey towards publication, and I really hope you like the adventures of Joe Hunter.

Keep on keeping on folks
Matt

No comments: