Wednesday 25 March 2009

Update on Book Three

For those of you who have been following my on-going trials and tribulations, my highs and lows, my joy at being a soon to be published author, you'll be pleased to hear that I have finally delivered the completed manuscript of book three to my UK publisher, Hodder and Stoughton. We're at the stage of producing page proofs on the book - Slash and Burn - as we speak. Those of you that are already aware that I have had to undergo revisions of the book may be bored with this line, but my purpose is to remind budding authors how much hard work is really involved. But hey, the pay off is definitely worth the trouble. I'm indebted to all those who have helped me turn out a book worthy to follow Dead Men's Dust and Judgement and Wrath. Luigi, Alison, Sue, Swati and Alice, thank you all.

For those of you following this blog from an American perspective, rest assured that the work has been equally influenced by my US publishers, and I will be doing further re-writes in line with my editor, David, to get the books just right for the market at your end.

Hope you all enjoy the books as much as I enjoy creating them for you.

In the meantime: onwards and upwards with book 4. I'm forging ahead with the rough draft as we speak. It promises to be a thriller.

5 comments:

Paul D Brazill said...

matt, I look forward to checking out your work. cheers.Paul

Author said...

Thanks Paul,
we're getting close now. Book out 14th May (UK) and 19th May (USA). Can't believe it. The last fifteen months have just been a blur since I got the deals through.

Author said...

By the way, Paul, really loved Sins Of The Father over at ATON. Great story and characters. Loved the idea of killer priests since reading Fraternity of the Stone by David Morrell oh-so-many years ago.

Unknown said...

Aren't authors supposed struggle with deadlines, Matt? Book four already? I know you're modest, but you are prolific!

Author said...

Yeah, slogging on with book 4. Got about 70,000 words done and counting. The rough drafts the easy bit though, Col. I'll then go back over it, and it will probably take twice as long until the finished product. Got this one to deliver by September this year, book 5 by March 2010, so I'm sure the old 'struggling author' line still applies. But thanks.