Thursday 21 August 2008

Copy edit of US Dead men's Dust

I've just got word that the copy edit of my MS is winging its way across the Atlantic for checking and editing by me. There is a quick turn around period and i imagine I'll be pretty busy for the next two weeks.
I've also been writing book 3, but can't get on very far for dealing with TAX and VAT and a bushel of red tape and beaurocracy - but, hey, if that's what must be done to be an author who's complaining?
Just a note for anyone wishing to be a novelist...prepare yourself for everything else involved. You have to wear many hats: business person, publicist, marketeer, spokesperson, telephonist, secretary, general dog's body...oh, and a writer. If you don't think that you are up to it, write for your own enjoyment only.
Me - I've got a great team who look after me - so I love it!!!
Keep on writing folks
Matt

No comments: